Another recap of the goals. Another month of not opening my fitness DVDs. Geez...
- Turn off the TV at night--We did a little better with this one. We still enjoy our TV, but we've actually had some TV free evenings in the last month. WORKS IN PROGRESS.
- Date night with Ricky once a month--We didn't have any just the two of us dates, but we did go out without the baby a couple of times. We went to 2 different dinner parties and a concert with friends. SUCCESS
- No take-out/delivery--We did really well this month. I don't have an exact count, but I think we only did delivery twice. I call that a SUCCESS!
- Eating/cooking healthier--(Copying last month's answer) When I have cooked, we've eaten well. However we've had company and friends in town so we've eaten out quite a bit this month. And when we eat out we don't get a salad. We tend to make REALLY bad (but delicious!) choices. WORKS IN PROGRESS
- Work out at least 3 times a week--(Another copy from last month because I just don't want to talk about it.) Thanks to the warmer weather Little Ricky and I have gotten out a few times lately and walked, but as for those workout DVDs I got for Xmas? Still unopened. Geez. FAIL
- Go to church more often--Well, despite our good intentions we did not go to church on Easter Sunday. Ricky overslept and I was stressed out over all of the things I wanted to get done before we had friends over for Easter lunch. However, my father recently became a Catholic and I went to Mass with him while I was in Texas. I LOVED it! I don't know that I will become Catholic (and I don't know that I won't), but that service felt the way I've always wanted church to feel. I think I've had a hard time following through with this goal, because I haven't found the place here that makes me feel the way that Mass service did. So I think we're going to let this one go for now while we do a little more exploring. NOT APPLICABLE
- Socialize with friends at least once a month--This one is easy. We went to an Easter egg hunt with friends from my mom's group, went to the above-mentioned dinner parties and concert with friends, had folks over for Easter lunch, threw the 100 Calorie Pack House Party, I attended the Silicon Valley Moms Event and made new friends, we had a couple of different friends in town, we had folks over for dinner several times and Little Ricky and I had mom and baby friends over for lunch. Definitely a SUCCESS!
- Take more time with my appearance when at home--Continuing to do better with this one Not a daily thing yet, but definitely working on it. WORKS IN PROGRESS
- Clean up house before going to bed--Still following through with this one most nights. SUCCESS
- Deal with mail as it comes in--Did really well with this one until last week. So I have a pile of mail waiting for me right now, but it's only a 4 days worth which is waaaayyyy better than in the past! WORKS IN PROGRESS
For March I had 3 FAILS, 4 WORKS IN PROGRESS and 3 SUCCESSES. April brings 1 FAIL (damn you, exercise!), 4 WORKS IN PROGRESS, 4 SUCCESSES and 1 NOT APPLICABLE. We're getting there. But will the DVDs ever make their way out of the box???? Stay tuned!