Another recap of the goals. And this month I actually got off my ass and worked out. Yeah, baby! But I'm getting ahead of myself. So here we go...
- Turn off the TV at night--This continues to be a WIP. Have I mentioned we like TV? However to help us with this problem we are now setting aside one night a week as a home date night. Some nights we'll cook dinner together, maybe we'll watch a movie together (that's different than mindlessly watching/listening to the TV from our separate computers!), maybe we'll....hey, wait, that's none of your business! WORKS IN PROGRESS.
- Date night with Ricky once a month--We had a couple of "out of the house" date nights this month. Ricky went to Winnetka with me when I interviewed Amy Wilson and afterwards we went to an incredible Greek restaurant. We also went to Avenue Q when it was in town (AWESOME!) and to a movie at the new Icon Theatre on Roosevelt. The theatre is great! The movie we saw (Letters to Juliet), not so much! We've also had several "family" dates, so I would continue to call this one a SUCCESS!
- No take-out/delivery--We did really well this month. I don't have an exact count, but I think we only did delivery twice. I call that a SUCCESS!
- Eating/cooking healthier--We're doing really well on this one. I've been using recipes from sparkpeople.com (a healthy living website) so everything we eat is healthy/low calorie/low fat/etc. Go, us! SUCCESS
- Work out at least 3 times a week--The EA Sports Active for Wii has been opened and used! I have also started the From Couch to 5K program. Yea me! I didn't always work out 3 times a week, but at least I was working out. However for this week? Already done my 3 times. Hell, yeah! WORKS IN PROGRESS
- Socialize with friends at least once a month--Still doing well on this (easy and fun) goal. Had our favorite friends over for dinner twice. (We do order in when they are here, but those don't count as they are social events, not us being lazy!) Little Ricky and I attended several play dates and I went to a Mom's Night Out movie. I also attended the Oprah Tea and mixed and mingled there. SUCCESS!
- Take more time with my appearance when at home--(Stealing last month's answer) Continuing to do better with this one Not a daily thing yet, but definitely working on it. WORKS IN PROGRESS
- Clean up house before going to bed--(Another copy from last month) Still following through with this one most nights. SUCCESS
- Deal with mail as it comes in--This is an off and on one. Some weeks my desk stays cleared and neat. Other weeks (like this one, ahem) it's a disaster area. WORKS IN PROGRESS