Well, what can I say? The goal fulfillment went waaaayyyy downhill in August! I don't know if it had to do with it being summer and we were just acting like we were on constant vacation or what but other than the friend and date stuff we didn't stick to anything. We ate crap, we ordered delivery too much and exercise? What's that?!?
So are you ready for some major embarrassment? Here we go.....
- Turn off the TV at night--Real Housewives of NJ, Project Runway, Flipping Out, The Rachel Zoe Project--really, I'm going to turn the TV off? No. FAIL
- Date night with Ricky once a month--We're doing well in the dating department. Ricky threw me a b-day party at Elate (so that's a date and time w/ friends!), we had a date night at Icon movie theater where we had drinks and appetizers followed by Inception (awesome movie!), we saw Carousel at Light Opera Theatre (just okay) and Ricky took me to see the Counting Crows at Ravinia (review coming next week, but for now I'll say AWESOME). SUCCESS
- No take-out/delivery--Yeah, right. FAIL
- Eating/cooking healthier--Did I mention that all of the delivery guys were so happy to see us again? FAIL
- Work out at least 3 times a week--No comment. FAIL
- Socialize with friends at least once a month--My b-day party, play dates, friends over for dinner, us going to friend's houses for dinner, Mom's Night Outs, movie dates with friends, brunch dates--yep, I can socialize. SUCCESS!
- Take more time with my appearance when at home--Along with eating like crap and not working out, I've looked like crap. That Ricky is a lucky fellow, huh? FAIL
- Clean up house before going to bed--The only reason this one is working out is because Ricky is so great about helping me with it. If it were up to me in August the house would have fallen down around us! SUCCESS
- Deal with mail as it comes in--I was pretty off and on this one. I'd go through the mail, clean off my desk and then let it pile up again. A week later the process would start all over. WORKS IN PROGRESS
July brought 4 WORKS IN PROGRESS, 4 SUCCESSES and 1 FAIL. August was an oh-so-exciting 1 WORKS IN PROGRESS, 3 SUCCESSES and 5 FAILS. It's a proud moment for me, folks.
However, September is off to a much better start. I've joined Weight Watchers (enough putting it off!), I'm walking 3 times a week and taking a weekly yoga class, we're joining a gym next week and I've reintroduced myself to the kitchen. Back to school equals back on the wagon. Hopefully in a month I'll be able to hold my head a little higher.