Last goal update for 2010. Whew!
- Turn off the TV at night--I've made peace with this one. We're a TV-loving people. What can you do.
- Date night with Ricky once a month--No date night in December--the month was too crazy! We did do several family outings--Bronzeville Nutcracker, Prairie District Neighborhood Association Holiday Party, etc.--but we barely had time to breathe, so we definitely didn't have time to date. I'm not worried about this one though, because I know we'll get back on track now that life is calmer.
- No take-out/delivery--Continuing to do well on this. And I'm finding more and more fun, yummy things to cook so it makes staying on track easier.
- Eating/cooking healthier--(Stealing last month's answer) Other than Christmas when I ate my weight in sweets, I think we did pretty well. Especially considering it was the month of over indulgences.
- Work out at least 3 times a week--I started working with a personal trainer!!! YEA! She kicks my ass 3 times a week and I love/hate her for it. It took me a year of fail, fail, fail on this goal to realize I was NOT going to do this by myself. So I'm seeing my trainer, Ricky and I have made a gym schedule for the 2 of us and I'm making gym dates with friends. 2011 might just be the year I get my sh*t together! At least on the work out front.
- Socialize with friends at least once a month--Super easy since December was the month of holiday parties. Plus we had people stay with us a couple of times during the month, so we definitely socialized.
- Take more time with my appearance when at home--Done. Not every day, but still better than a year ago.
- Clean up house before going to bed--Still doing this and will DEFINITELY keep it up in 2011. Little Ricky's toys multiplied quite a bit at Christmas so we have to keep things cleaned up or Mama will go Cuh-Razy!
- Deal with mail as it comes in--Yeppers. Although you should have seen the pile I had waiting for me when I got home after being out of town for 2 weeks. Made me want to cry. But that was January, not December, so it doesn't count!
I think the biggest lesson is that a list like this is too much. I had so many goals I couldn't focus. So for 2011 I'm setting one goal a month. There may be a few repeats, but I think I'm mostly looking at a new list this year. Stay tuned....
Peace out, 2010!